Hello Stretch Setup Guide
Welcome to the Setup and Startup Guide for the Stretch Robot.
Starting up Stretch
- Connect the stretch to the power source and switch it on.
- Wait for the onboard Ubuntu to start up until you hear a beep.
- Press the Mode button on the battery charger for 3 seconds until the lights on the bottom pannel come up. Then cycle through the modes and set Mode to 12V Supply.
- Connect the robot to a monitor, keyboard and mouse to start coding.
Shutting down Stretch
- Shut down the PC from the desktop.
- After the laser range finder stops spinning, switch off the robot.
- On the battery charger long press the Mode button until the top panel is illuminates. Select 12V AGM for the robot to charge when not in use.
ROS Commands to Interact with Stretch
Launch Stretch Drivers
roslaunch stretch_core stretch_drivers.launch
Launch On-board RealSense Camera
roslaunch stretch_core d435i_high_resolution.launch
Teleoperate Stretch using Keyboard
roslaunch stretch_core keyboard_teleop.launch
Stretch API related stuff
- To refer to and edit robot parameters, make changes to
Transport Error- Official Troubleshooting Guide
<part> not calibrated- Run
Timeout when sending goal- Run
stretch_robot_home.pyand checkout this forum post
To contribute to this page, make changes here